I started searching for a Frankenstein costume online. They were popular at the time, but not made small enough for a one-year-old. So, I decided that I had to make him a costume. I decided that a mummy would be easier than Frankenstein, so I went ahead with it.
I took some muslin and ripped up a bunch of one inch strips. Silly me, I thought I could just sew these onto a shirt and a pair of pants.
Time to come up with another plan.
Next I got to work on the shirt. Since I was also making this out of muslin and muslin doesn't stretch, I found a pattern for a peasant style shirt for a toddler and used it.
.... But not this year. I've already purchased the costumes from the store!