After sitting on that chair for each meal during the past year, the fabric was getting really disgusting. So, I replaced it. Here is the before picture:
The seat on my chair is attached with these plastic screw things. I just gently tapped them from the bottom with a hammer and the came right out.
The upper cushion was attached with three metal screws. I used a flat head screwdriver to pull out all the staples. Hundreds of 'em. I couldn't believe how many had been used to hold the original fabric in place.
Since this was my first re-upholstery project, as I removed the staples, I paid attention to how the fabric had been pulled and placed with the staples.
I stapled the new fabric down and trimmed it up next to the staples to get rid of the excess fabric.
Repeated the same steps with both cushions.
I am happy with how it turned out and it was easier than I expected. I've got another identical chair, which I plan to do the same re-upholstery with. Guess I better decide if I am spray painting them first. :)