After painting the ceiling and the walls white, I painted a lower portion of the walls in "Chameleon" by Valspar. It was my husbands first choice, and I love green, so I went with it. I wish I would have taken a picture at this point, but I didn't. The vibe of the room was a bit dull. My husband said that although he liked it, it did reminded him of camouflage green. A hobby / craft room is supposed to be a fun place, so I added a stripe of vibrant blue Behr paint that I had leftover from the twins nursery.
I've also painted all the trim. I had to scrape away some caulk in the windows and put down some new caulk. Scraping it away is so hard. After attempting it with many different tools, I finally remembered a hobby knife set that I had. A new blade with a flat tip allowed me to cut through the caulk "like butter". I found the best tool for smoothing out caulk beads. In the past, I'd always used my finger to smooth out the caulk, but... never again! This tool is amazing. (I put links to these tools for anyone searching for help. Tools were purchased by me, and not given to me by these companies to review.)
Day one of laminate flooring. We had high hopes and expectations that we could get this done in one day. Didn't happen. :( Thankfully, we did enough research and planning to do it properly. And we started with the most challenging spots first - the doorways.
The room has a closet on the same wall as the doorway. The doorways gave us much grief and took up an entire day! In fact, the piece that goes into the doorway into the room isn't finished yet.