I used my embroidery machine to personalize each of them with the names of my children. My embroidery software only has two fonts to choose from, otherwise I would have done something more Dr. Seuss-ish.
I also added markings for each foot measurement using my freehand quilting foot. I am really pleased with the way these turned out, and glad I did it. I wanted the numbers to have a freehand, scrapbook-y type look. I love to think of the possibilities that I can do with this foot (words, numbers, flowers - basically drawing with my sewing machine) on future projects. Also to think of how many past projects I could have used this foot for....
I quilted them using a free motion stippling loop design. maybe not the best choice for writing on the fabric, as it makes it quite bumpy. I just took my time and the markings have turned out fine. I made the markings with an ultra fine point black sharpie. It is waterproof and will work fine.
And for the twins, I used scraps from Robert Kaufman's Dr. Seuss fabric. I have been making toddler bed sized quilts for them. Pictures of those to come when I get them finished (I want to do a little more practicing of the machine quilting before I attempt something that big). Also, hopefully in a few months I will post about the Dr. Seuss room that I am designing for the twins.